Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Wifinity is growing quickly, with many new projects and very interesting challenges on the horizon. To take them head on, we are growing our software development team, which is fully distributed. We are searching for senior software engineers capable of learning new technologies on demand and hitting the ground running.
Our stack contains Docker, Rancher, Cattle, AWS, GCP, but we are definitely moving to Kubernetes and maybe even out of Rancher. We care about testing and continuous integration heavily. We use Git for source control, with GitHub. You are welcome to use any editor, any OS, whatever tools you are happy with.
Wifinity provides wifi installations for big venues, buildings, holiday parks, military bases, etc. We do the hardware installation, and provide the software for provisioning of users and customers. We have many interesting projects coming up, including mobile applications, possibly embedded development as well as our usual full stack web development. There will be a lot of opportunities to move around different technologies and projects. This post is for back-end development, but all developers are welcome to do either front-end or back-end.
- 6 years or more of experience working in a commercial environment doing SRE, devops, sysadmin, etc.
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Curiosity about networking.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Residency in a timezone that's up to 3 hours ahead or behind UTC.
- Fluid written and spoken English.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
Nice to haves:
- Rancher experience.
- Familiarity with Cattle.
- Mentorship experience.
- Mobile development.
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Chef, Puppet or alternative.
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog.
- Fully remote position, work wherever you are.
- Flexible hours, work whenever you want.
- Various projects to move around to keep things fresh.
- Work with ex-Googlers and ex-YCers.
- Gym membership cover.
- Inclusive and diverse culture.
- 21 days of holiday a year.
- Private health benefits.