Program Manager II
Headquarters: Redmond, WA
Microsoft is leading the security industry with enterprise and cloud-based security products. Our team is at the forefront of this, with a focus on Azure Security Center (ASC), Azure Sentinel and Azure Network Security (Firewall, DDOS, WAF). We sit between our developers and our customers; and it's our job to create deep engineering relationships with the field, our customers, and our partners. As a Deployment Success PM, you'll play an important role in shaping our products.
This Role will focus on Network Security (Firewall, DDOS, WAF).
Our Mission: To drive usage and adoption of our security products and services through deep engineering relationships with the field, our customers and our partners.
Our team sits in a space of new teams and technologies, so we are constantly learning and growing every day. We want people who are passionate and want to learn deeply, every day.
Is this position located remotely or is it based in Redmond?
- We are a hybrid team spread globally. Team members are in Redmond, Israel, Europe, and all throughout the US. Because of this, we are very open to hiring remote individuals.
What you'll do to help us achieve our mission:
- Dig deep into the technologies as a Subject Matter Expert
- Learn & evangelize the story behind our security solutions for both internal and external audiences. This includes participating in events like Ready, Ignite, and Tech Summits.
- Help our customers understand how to validate successful deployments and to interpret detections and alerts
- Recognize our customers’ needs, and how these needs drive or don't drive deployments/usage, and what blockers exist
- Work closely with engineering, sales, and support teams to handle customer inquiries and incidents raised through customer interaction channels by addressing questions directly or routing to the appropriate resource and tracking to resolution
- Find blockers, bugs, and feature opportunities and partner with our engineering teams to resolve issues and drive fixes into future products
- Tell the customer story internally to drive the evolution of our products
- You will contribute writing samples such as Azure Logic Apps playbooks, PowerShell scripts, ARM templates for Azure Policy to enable customers to operationalize product usage in their environments
- Matintain an up to date your demo/lab environment for effective demonstration, problem solving, and learning
Ideally, you demonstrate experience, passion, and proficiency in these areas:
- Azure Fundamentals, Security, Networking, and Firewall
- Good collaboration and communication skills for effective internal and external relationships
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to consolidate and integrate a wide range of inputs
- Experience working with customers and field sales teams with a strong customer satisfaction track record in customer facing role
- Technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly master service capabilities, technical issues, business trends, and customer needs
- 2+ years of networking technical experience (PM or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of direct customer engagement experience
- You enjoy working on a team and collaborating both in person and remotely.
- You possess a desire to roll up your sleeves and make things happen.
- You are confident, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- You are willing to travel, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away