Full Stack Rails Developer
Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business focussed on the future of remote working. Boundless is building a technology platform that will allow companies to easily handle payroll and HR compliance for workers anywhere in the world.
This role will be our first developer hire working alongside the technical co-founder and will be key to delivering a quality product to our customers and partners. You’ll have an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the product and will be working on a team where continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
The right person for this role will have an appetite to work in a fast-paced startup environment and will recognise this as an opportunity to gain a breadth of experience.
This is a remote-friendly role for candidates based in any country in the EU.
It’s early days and the evolution of our technology has just begun. Right now we’re focussed on gathering information on how to solve our customers problems and the stack is relatively simple: Rails 6, Postgres, Docker, AWS.
The challenges around building our software offering will become increasingly complex the more we learn and grow. Problems to solve in the short & medium term include:
- Continuous development of our web platform to serve customers, employees and partners.
- Integration of our base services with third party services in the Payroll and HR Sector
- Building a modern, documented API.
- Accurate and timely processing of large sums of money.
- Architecting country engines that will allow us to serve differing legal requirements in a homogenous way.
- Data security and compliance with data regulations.
- Streamlining the onboarding experience for companies and employees.
- Working with the wider Boundless team in defining features.
- Helping to solve architectural challenges.
- Building integrations with third parties and cloud services.
- Delivering quality code that adheres to best practices; participating in code review.
- Advocating for implementation of best practices within the team and the technology.
- Contributing across the entire tech stack including the areas of DevOps, Security, QA & Data Protection.
- Documentation of processes and code.
- Solving customer issues.
- All members of staff will be involved with customer support in some capacity.
- Gain a breadth of experience as the first full stack developer hire on the team.
- Potential to specialise in an area of interest as the team grows, e.g. security, DevOps, frontend technologies.
- Opportunity to become a leader within the software team and to manage and nurture newer team members as we grow.
- Opportunity to be a key decision maker in the future of technology at Boundless.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience building production grade web applications in Ruby on Rails.
- Object Oriented Programming skills and experience implementing non-Rails design patterns.
- Some flavour of SQL experience.
- Front end knowledge including JS, CSS, HTML.
- Curious about new technologies but pragmatic about getting things done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to customer service.
- Comfortable operating in an environment with a relatively high degree of uncertainty.
- A growth mindset, and an insatiable appetite for learning.
- Bonus: experience working on remote teams.
- Bonus technology experience: React/Vue/Ember/Other, AWS, Docker, Rspec & TDD,