Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud Services
Headquarters: Redwood City, Ca
Shutterfly leads the industry in design, service and innovation. Our wide range of personalized products helps celebrate life's important moments. From cards, announcements, invitations to stationery, we are committed to delighting our customers every day. We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service and high-quality products that are beautiful and unique.
Shutterfly is looking for a smart, data-driven and results oriented individual who can work well in a fast-paced environment. This individual will work collaboratively with software engineering to build CI/CD deploy pipelines and operate highly-scalable, efficient immutable Linux based systems. You will drive and deliver against containerization and automation standards, while streamlining operations and processes. In addition, the qualified candidate will triage and resolve complex issues effectively in large scale, production AWS environments. At Shutterfly Inc, we are having a positive impact in people’s lives. If you would like to take part in helping people share life’s joy while working with industry leading technology, please apply.
- Design and implement Terraform modules for full stack provisioning (infra + code)
- Ownership and thought leadership of the CI/CD pipeline to improve efficiency and quality of existing frameworks and build systems
- Integrate and deliver on security best practices, establishing key controls through pipelines, infrastructure and architectural/design approaches
- Collaborate with the development team on shared objectives around service availability, security standards, efficiency, resiliency and business continuity
- Apply sound release management and configuration management principles to ensure the stability of production environments
- Continually investigate methods to improve system reliability and performance
- Evaluating current build/CI systems and proposing improvement/optimization
- Participation in on-call rotation
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant professional work experience
- Fluent with Terraform and Packer (Ansible experience is a plus)
- 5+ years coding experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations (bash or python preferred).
- 4+ years experience with AWS or other cloud provider
- 4+ years experience in designing/building/maintaining CI/CD and related tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc..)
- Strong knowledge of large-scale Web/Internet application architecture and technologies.
- Hands-on experience in building and administering AMIs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, etc. (Amazon EKS/ECS preferred)
- Strong understanding of immutable infrastructure principles
- Passionate about working in a fast paced Agile environment while encouraging DevOps culture
- Must be able to self-manage, identify areas for improvement and drive change to improve process and standards
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Kubernetes Operations (KOPS) and Helm
- Chef and/or Ansible experience.
- Working knowledge of MySQL(percona) database clusters + mysql sharding.
- SignalFx, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Nginx, Ubuntu, Apache, LDAP, HAProxy