Sr. Android Developer
Headquarters: Los Angeles
We are looking for a remote Android Developer to join a small, committed technical team at Ad Hoc Labs, makers of the Burner & Firewall apps. We empower people to take control over their identity and privacy by giving them fully functional, powerful, and reliable second phone numbers.
As an Android Developer, you will be writing code to build new features, execute user interfaces, and help maintain and improve the current codebase. Since we are a small team, you will also have the opportunity to learn new technologies and contribute directly to the development of a product that millions of people rely on to help protect their privacy.
- Development of native Android app while working on an agile team
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Write clean, maintainable native application code for Android
- Ensure app performance, quality, and responsiveness
- Package apps for deployment to Google Play Store and help with automation tasks
- Transform designs into awesome and functional user experiences
- Keep up to date knowledge of emerging Android technologies
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years with Kotlin or Java and Android SDK
- Worked on at least one application published to the Google Play store
- Experience with the various means of automated testing (junit4/5, robolectric, espresso)
- Experience with modern mobile software design patterns (MVP, MVI, MVVM, etc)
- Knowledge of popular 3rd party Android tools and apis
- Experience with RXJava, Kotlin Coroutines, Dagger2, AndroidX (lifecycle, workmanager, etc)
- Ability to diagnose problems and solve them independently
- Experience working with distributed, agile teams
- Experience with Google Play Billing is a bonus
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Meaningful work on an innovative and growing set of products
- Collaborative, cross-functional work culture with an emphasis on autonomy and communication
- Health and Dental coverage for employees, dependents & domestic partners
- Investment in career development, including training, conferences, and online learning resources
Ad Hoc Labs is committed to building a diverse, inclusive company and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Ad Hoc Labs, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We seek to employ the most qualified person in every job. Ad Hoc Labs, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.