Senior Backend Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to be part of squads developing features by proving simple yet performant interfaces and ensuring long term stability and scalability.
💪 What's my mission?
Eventually as one of the early member of Slite, you'll be be able to shape the future of it. We share as much ownership on the way we work and on the product itself as we can as we're convinced our success is 99% due to our team.
We are in a stage when it's important to build strong foundation and prepare for scaling in the upcoming years. We'll have to scale our GraphQL API to handle millions of requests per day, while monitoring and keeping a low error rates. You'll work closely with the product team to make a faster experience, and develop features such as a comprehensive updates log on notes, public sharing and commenting.
Here's @shahor, our backend engineer and your future teammate:
You'll work closely with the product team to create a better experience and develop features such as a comprehensive updates log on notes, public sharing and commenting.
We're also growing, and that will require our API to be stable, monitorable, and fast. You will improve our current GraphQL API by designing good interfaces for the different usages and making it rock solid and fast. You will also help maintain the existing codebase reducing the technical debt.
🤗 Who will I be working with?
You will be working closely with our engineers @shahor and @arnaud, our CTO @pierre and VP product @mikeas as well as the other squads.
📖 What do I need?
- Be a self-starter - you are a senior developer who is able to show initiative and get things going without too much guidance.
- Be pragmatic - you can take tactic decisions when needed, dealing with debt and pay back later. You are able to keep a long term vision via a long-term strategy.
- Data intensive experience - you had worked on a product with an intensive usage of data, and you understand the complexity and systems required to make such products work.
- Excellent engineer - you understand and advocate for testing, analytics, observability, error tolerance.
- Product mindset - you can challenge product features, propose simpler implementation to fasten the iterations, and propose excellent technical decisions to improve user experience.
- Good communications skills - you write clearly about technical or product related subjects. You are able to challenge subjects in a guided direction.
Why join Slite?
- Work with talented & passionate people with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Make a dent: we strive to shift the way people collaborate and organize at a large scale, potentially impacting millions of people.
- Feel your impact: Slite is still early stage, everything we do matters and your impact is critical.
🤩 Competitive salary & equity
🏝 5 Weeks PTO + 11 French Holidays 🇫🇷
📚 Buy any book policy
🖥️ Remote setup: co-working or at-home setup, your pick. Slite covers your expenses.
🌈 We go on team offslites every 4 months
💻 Best tools to get things done: equipment of choice