Technical Support Engineer
Headquarters: London, UK
NOTE: WE ARE STILL HIRING DURING THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC
We are looking for a Remote Technical Support Engineer (based in the US or Canada) with Linux experience (Required), who loves the combination of technical & customer-facing support to join our growing support team, helping to support customers of our helpdesk software product suite.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a proactive and innovative achiever, likes to wear multiple hats, learn new technologies, and wants to become a key part of our growing team! Last year we were ranked on the Deloitte Fast 500 and are expanding our support team across the globe.
This is one of those roles where you will need to multi-task and throw yourself into different challenges every day. You could be on a technical call with a CTO or installing Deskpro onto a customer's servers or liaising with the development team about technical issues or bugs. Every day will be different!
For more information, you can visit our Careers page
- This is a very varied customer-facing role, some of the things you could be doing include:
- Communicating with leads/customers using our helpdesk (tickets, email, live chat, phone) to resolve technical issues and answer technical inquiries.
- Help customers install software on their own machines (Linux and Windows) and suggest improvements to our installer systems.
- Verify fixes and collaborate with the dev team on regressions and improvements. Take charge of ensuring the resolution of any issues.
- Manage the testing of our VMs, installers, integrations, updates etc.
- Help reproduce technical bugs/issues and ensure the resolution of these.
- Help to improve the content of our Developer and System Administration manuals (our user guide documentation).
- Propose improvements around the usability of the technical aspects of our platform and feed into the dev/product team.
Our ideal candidate is currently working or has experience in technical support for a tech startup or web hosting company, loves interacting with customers and problem-solving.
- *LINUX EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED* Having Windows/Azure ecosystem exposure (e.g. AD) considered a bonus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are desired - you will interact with customers in different stages from pre-sales to during a potential crisis. Empathy for our customers and determination to fight their corner is critical.
- Experience in a technical support/customer service facing role
- Comfort with IT and ability to learn how to support Deskpro’s technical elements (e.g installing software on servers, APIs, integrations, installers, data migration etc.)
- A rapid ability to learn. Deskpro is a powerful product (see the manuals) and you’ll be excited by the prospect of a large product to learn, understand, and support with customers asking different questions and requests each day.
- Ability and desire to multitask between the different support, QA and documentation aspects of this role and take on the different responsibilities of each space
- A love of problems solving and troubleshooting issues
- Knowledge of different operating systems, servers and experience managing self-hosted products
- You must be based in either the US or Canada.
Competitive Salary $42k - $50k USD + Company Bonus Scheme
- We are a friendly startup-team in London, UK with a growing global remote team.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role.
- A 'home office' budget, computer, screens, and desk set-up.
- 25 days holiday per year
- For more information, you can visit our Careers page
No recruiters or agencies please.
All jobs at Deskpro
|Senior Frontend or Fullstack Developer on SaaS Product (ReactJS, Typescript, GraphQL, PHP)|
|Technical Support Engineer|