Podcast Relationship Manager
Headquarters: Kalamazoo, MI
Are you a natural connector?
We are. It is our passion, our drive, and our mission.
Who are we?
Interview Valet is the leader in Podcast Interview Marketing. We work with the top podcasts to get our Certified Guests™ interviewed so they can be herd by their ideal customers. Our clients are leading authors, coaches, speakers, and brands focused on building solid relationships with their clients that product superior Life Time Value.
Our mission is to personally introduce inspiring thought leaders to millions of ideal customers for the betterment of all.
Our values are:
- Relationships are the ultimate currency
- People remember how you made them feel
- In this digital age of automation, the personal touch is the difference
- Our success is proportional to our systems
- Life is short, work should be fun
We are not another pop-up, generic booking service that spams lists with Robo-emails. We are seen in the industry as a dedicated team that builds relationships and adds value to the podcasting ecosystem.
Interview Valet provides you
- The team currently 16 to give you support and comradery
- The training and systems to ensure your success
- The database to provide you unmatched access
- The name recognition to open doors
What We Need
An amazing Podcast Relationship Manager who has the heart to serve, the ambition to excel, the maturity to work remotely, and the personality to mesh well with our current team culture. (see the values above).
You will be reaching out to top podcast hosts and producers to place our great Certified Guests™ with the goal of priding a win for the host, the audience, and our client. You will be building relationships with podcast hosts. Some existing relationships with podcast hosts will be solid and established. Others will be emerging. Still, others will be new.
This is a public-facing role with both podcast hosts and our clients. Having confidence, empathy, and the ability to clearly communicate via email, text, hone, and video is a must!
Specifically, you will help us with:
- Podcast Outreach - introducing the right guest, to the right podcast, in the right way.
- Relationship Building - The richness of our life is proportional to the richness of our relationships. We want to create and nurture meaningful and mutually profitable relationships with podcast hosts.
- Project Management: Keeping our database and project management systems (we use Asana/AirTable/Gmail) up to date in real-time so we can best track efforts, results, and deliverables.
The basics you bring:
- You are positive, outgoing, and have a friendly personality that shines through virtual communication.
- You enjoy life, find meaning in work and love winning. Life is short, work should be fun.
- You are a proactive problem solver
- You are a good person and see others the same way. You believe life is not a zero-sum game. We all can win.
- You are psychologically self-employees. You don't need a manager. You appreciate a leader. (We don't micromanage or babysit. We are all adults and professionals)
- You are coachable and want to be part of r winning team. You have a healthy ego and strong drive but don't let it get in your way.
- You can balance multiple projects, demands, and quotas.
- You have attention to detail
- You are a digital native and feel comfortable with Gmail, Skype, Zoom, Google Docs
- You honor confidentiality, privacy, and loyalty. All team members sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and a non-compete
Stop reading this now if:
- You are a cynic, sarcastic, or a pessimist. No judgment, but you won't fit in
- You are scared of technology
- You have never worked remotely before. It looks great from the outside, but it has its unique challenges
- You want everything to stay constant. We are a fast-growing company in an emerging industry. Roles, systems, and procedures are constantly refined, tested, and improved. We thrive on this. Others cringe at this.
- You are just looking for a J.O.B. We are obsessed with what we do, who we work with, and the value we provide. As a reulst, we have a very low turnover of performers.
Let's Talk About The Details:
We are a geographically diverse, remote company. We do get together throughout the year at various trade shows and fun places. You can work from anywhere you want: Home, co-working space, the beach....as long as it's got a strong internet signal and you can be productive. Work is what you do, not where you go.
This is a part-time 20 hour per week contract position (1099) with a starting rate of $15/hr plus discretionary quarterly bonuses (eligible for the first full quarter with the team).
We are a fast growing company in an emerging market (podcasting). We see this position leading to more hours, compensation, and opportunities based on your performance.
Life is either HECK YES or no:
If you read this far and said "HECK YES", then please apply for this position by following the steps below EXACTLY as they are listed:
1. Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest.
2. Include the following
- Phone Number
- URL of your website (if applicable)
- URL of Social Media Profiles (if applicable) - Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
3. Answer the following questions in your Google Doc (remember brevity is the soul of wit)
a. Why do you want to work at Interview Valet?
b. After reading the job description, why do you feel you are a great fit for this role. Sell us on why we should hire you over everyone else. What differentiates you?
c. Give us a brief description (in your own words, no resume or CVs) of your background. Do you have an expertise that coordinates with what we are looking for in this role?
d. What have you improved on most during the last year and what would you like to improve upon next?
e. How do you get to know someone and then build relationships in your own world?
f. Do you listen to non-fiction podcasts? If so, what are some of your favorites?
g. What are your work availability and desired work scheduled? Please be as specific as possible with your availability on a day/week basis and time zones.
h. Describe your remote work experience?
i. Is there anything else we should know about you?
4. Send your application in one email to [email protected]
- The subject line should read "IV Podcast Relationship Manager: YOUR NAME"
- The body of your email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else
Note: If we like your email we will ask you to jump on a video call and take an online assessment. Before either on e of us makes a commitment we will let you meet and talk with some of the team members.
Thanks for your time. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply: [email protected]