Agency Marketing Content Specialist
Headquarters: Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Modern Tribe Agency Marketing Content Specialist will be our lead copywriter for all communications supporting the agency business.
We’re looking for an absolutely stellar copywriter—a creative mind who can understand audience needs and craft a compelling narrative that resonates. You’re great with grammar and comfortable with both conversational and technical tone. You ask thoughtful questions about the goals of a piece and its intended audience. You’re comfortable speaking with subject matter experts and extracting the information you need to support your story. You start with outlines, ensuring a thoughtful information architecture for your copy. You understand what it means to write for SEO/keyword strategy and you know how to do it. You infuse creativity and intentionality into you’re work, and you’re capable of taking complex technical subjects and making them approachable for broad audiences. You dig writing, you’re really good at it, and you have solid experience copywriting in a marketing capacity.
You’ll work closely with the rest of our marketing team on content creation for campaigns, websites, and events. You’ll collaborate with our marketing producer to ensure that our content is thoughtful, creative, and speaks to specific goals and audiences. You’ll work with our internal discipline directors to gather input for content pieces, and you’ll partner with designers to ensure that copy and design work in concert to create something high-value content.
TL;DR: We’re looking for a talented and experienced copywriter who’s passionate about messaging and connecting with audiences across a variety of channels. You’re excited to collaborate with other team members to produce high-quality content that engages your audiences. You understand what it means to “write for marketing.” You’re a creative, motivated, and organized self-starter.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Want more? Here’s a breakdown of how we see someone like you spending their time.
- Content Concepting and Development
- Collaborate with Agency Marketing team to brainstorm content ideas based on key priorities and opportunities for agency growth..
- Collaborate with Marketing Producer on brief/outline for each piece — content goals, audience definition, topics/outline definition, etc.
- Conduct research for marketing content, including interviews with internal subject matter experts, sourcing third-party reference material, or contributing to questionnaires or surveys for broader input.
- Collaborate with designers on creative content direction (intersect of design and copy)
- Source appropriate curated content and content inspiration
- Contribute to broader content strategy as opportunities allow
- Write original blog posts, social media posts, landing pages, content marketing collateral (whitepapers, ebooks, etc.)
- Optimize copy for goal and audience
- Optimize copy for platform
- Ensure adherence to established voice and tone, as well as brand standards
- Copyediting and Optimizing
- Provide editorial review of content if content is authored by another contributor
- Proofread content and ensure consistency with AP Style
- Tag, classify, and organize content
- Optimize existing content optimization work (SEO or accessibility optimization, for example)
- Assess and uphold content quality standards (written, visual, etc.)
- Assist in identifying what content types and topics are providing the most value
- Provide recommendations for content improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3-5 years copywriting experience with a focus on content marketing and a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to translate a strategic brief into engaging and compelling content
- Experience writing for SEO/keyword strategy
- Experience writing for B2B audiences
- Experience conducting independent research for content
- Highly creative, able to put self in audiences’ shoes (empathetic)
- Excellent understanding of various marketing channels and how to optimize content for each
- Super-solid organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborates well in a team environment; self-starter who asks questions when need be and isn’t afraid to dig in to contribute at a fundamental level
- Experience writing about technology or other complex industries
- WordPress experience (either experience writing about the ecosystem or experience publishing content within the platform)
- Content strategy development experience
- Ability to translate ideas to various channels and formats, including short-form web copy, social media, emails, blog posts, and long-form content assets like ebooks or white papers
Work from anywhere and join our distributed team working across the globe. If your timezone is outside of US business hours, but you work at least 3-4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You should be fluent in English and just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
The content specialist role at Modern Tribe is a contract role. Pay range is between $35-50 per hour US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 15-20 hours a week for this gig.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCER
All jobs at Modern Tribe
|WordPress Technical Support|
|Backend Development Lead|
|Agency Marketing Content Specialist|
|UI Developer (Freelance)|