The Bookkeeping Assistant role at Modern Tribe is a champion for the Ops and Finance teams. This role helps to drive Ops/Finance projects forward, both the cyclical monthly efforts as well as entirely new projects. If you thrive on being helpful and supporting a growing team by resolving and investigating team member inquiries, assisting in coordinating company-wide activities, and preparing AR/AP this gig might be for you.
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of the ops team to assure efficient and effective organizational activities
- Provide support to Modern Tribe’s Bookkeeper
- Support ops/finance in resolving or investigating team member inquiries
- Identify areas of inefficiency within the Ops and finance team and collaborate to improve
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- 1-3 years of experience within an Agency environment or in-house ops team
- Knowledge of remote office procedures and workflows
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Experience working on a small team and wearing a variety of hats to solve problems as needed
- 2-3 years experience accounting or bookkeeping experience in a high growth environment
- Proven experience with Quickbooks Online is required
- Proficient with Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs etc, Google Hangouts etc
- Experience with expense management tools such as Expensify
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 4+ hours of overlap each day, with some of that time overlapping with PST, let's chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is between $20-$30 US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a freelance contract role about 15-20 hours a week.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCER