Customer Support (EMEA)
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only considering candidates based within European-aligned timezones only, UTC-1 to UTC+3.
We’re looking for someone to join our growing Customer Support team! Obsessing over our users is one of the key Hotjar values, so you’ll help us continue to deliver outstanding support.
You will take care of hundreds of Hotjar users every week to ensure they get the reactive support they need to be successful using our product. You’ll also work on projects to evolve our customer experience, reporting back insights to our Product teams and keep our documentation up-to-date as the tool evolves.
You’ll be an enthusiastic problem solver, with a keen desire to keep going until the issue is solved. Your customer empathy will come through in your writing style and great tone of voice. You’ll be comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to always learn and apply these learnings to your work - with failures an inevitable part of your experiments.
Due to the technical nature of our product, you understand how websites work. This includes being able to troubleshoot minor HTML and CSS issues in web browser-based developer tools.
We invest a lot in developing our support team, so this is a great opportunity for someone who loves helping people, and is looking to further their career in a customer-facing role.
- Work with our customers through Zendesk
- Communicate crucial company updates through multiple channels (i.e., in-app messages, emails, blog posts, etc.)
- Help create knowledge base content - this includes writing and updating existing articles, and create visual content (like videos!)
- Help create internal processes that directly impact engagement and improve our response times
- Create reports for the product team that highlight customer feedback / sentiment
- Collaborate with a cross-departmental team to plan and execute projects
- Collaborate with other departments including Product, Legal, Marketing and Customer Success
- You have great tone of voice and ability to explain concepts clearly over written communication
- 2 years in a customer-facing role or a troubleshooting environment, ideally support
- Natural at problem-solving - with a huge range of customers using a complex product, it’s a crucial part of the job
- Previous tech experience within SaaS, e-commerce or community management is a plus
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- A chance to positively enhance people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €40,000 to €55,000 annually (we do not have a commission or bonus scheme at Hotjar). Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, Germany and the UK. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
Please note! Following our value of Be Bold and Move Fast, for this position we are trialing a different format to our usual recruitment process (which you can see on our careers site). We want you to know in advance that information you might have read online about our video stage will be slightly different for this role.