Admissions Rep (Sales)
Designlab is looking for a talented sales rep to help us expand our rapidly-growing online education platform. Think one part salesperson, one part career advisor, and one part guide to all things product design. You’ll be the first point of contact for people looking to change their careers, so while this role is sales focused, we also require someone with a high level of emotional intelligence to nurture future students towards their full potential.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve grown revenue 300% YoY the past couple of years solely through organic marketing, and we’d like to expand our focus on sales to hit our next level of scale.
The right candidate has a strong working knowledge of the design industry and past experience to back it up. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and self-directed, and can work well in an unstructured environment. While we’re primarily looking at someone with a sales background, we’ll consider candidates who’ve developed exceptional interpersonal skills through other roles like account management or customer success. We’re looking for someone who can take a consultative approach to sales, and advise potential students on what their best options would be in switching careers to UX design.
We’re also interested in someone who’s capable of extending their presence from initial point of contact to acting as a community resource for enrolled students.
- Be the main point of contact for potential students who are looking to enroll in UX Academy, and participate in our student community in Slack.
- Host webinar info sessions, handle calls and emails about our courses, and follow up with interested students.
- Meet and exceed monthly goals for enrollments.
- Maintain our high standard of quality by working with Admissions to only make offers to qualified students.
- Track activities in our CRM, and keep other team members updated on relevant customer stories, feedback, and product opportunities.
- Help us improve current processes, and test new ideas and strategies that could help us grow enrollments while improving student satisfaction.
- Work closely with Designlab founders and other members of the Growth team to coordinate efforts around overall company strategy.
Skills and abilities:
- Analytical, process and data-driven, with a creative mindset and strong problem solving skills.
- Enthusiasm to genuinely connect with people and help them with making potentially big decisions about their future.
- Persuasive writer who’s comfortable communicating through email.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills—someone who’s able to confidently connect with a student over the phone.
- A 5+ year track record of successful sales experience.
- Past experience and knowledge of the design industry (agency or product) is preferred.
- Remote work experience isn't necessary, but a plus.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours (you set your own schedule)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & dental benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world