Headquarters: Washington D.C.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help build, improve and build out backend and frontend code that interfaces with external systems. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
You can expect top-of-the-market pay and flexible hours. We are a fully remote team.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers developing and running a high traffic application working with Node.js and React. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging.
As an engineer, you will be expected to give input on high-level architecture decisions and communicate those decisions to other developers on the team.
- 4+ years extensive experience with Node.js.
- 3+ years of experience with React.
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand.
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email.
- The ability to keep cool under pressure as you provide first level support for a critical, high traffic application.
Must be located within the US
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a continuing education stipend and a tech stipend per month.
To apply: https://grnh.se/4d7360e43us
All jobs at Oddball
|Senior Data Architect|
|Senior DevOps Engineer|
|Senior UX Designer|