Technical Support Account Manager
More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We're looking for Enterprise Support Engineers, in North America, some European territories, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand to support our GitHub Enterprise product installed and managed in the customer's virtualization environment. Your main responsibility will be to work with our customers via web interface, email, phone and chat to solve support tickets. Tickets are usually opened by internal system administrators, and can include investigating load or networking issues, debugging application errors, and discussing feature requests. You'll also work with our engineering team to prioritize issues and development, and our documentation team to improve customer-facing resources. You don’t need to be a Git expert, but you do need to have technical experience and a passion for helping people.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attend company events. This role may require working non-standard working hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Act as a single point of contact for the customers to provide supportability, performance, and best practice advice and assessment related to GitHub and customer's infrastructure
- Understand and maintain documentation around the customer infrastructure, workflows and configuration of GitHub Enterprise or Business Cloud instance.
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving Linux servers, source code, and web application issues.
- On behalf of the customer, coordinate with other teams at GitHub when additional expertise is needed
- Actively monitor customer tickets during business hours, and work urgent and high requests
- Coordinate with others to initiate, join, or monitor Zoom/ Screen share sessions as requested by customers
- Provide escalation assistance as needed for all other Premium tickets
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, Ticket Analysis and system health checks for Premium customers a needed
- Participate and lead the Quarterly Business reviews for the assigned accounts by presenting metrics, data and health check summary and recommendations.
- Work proactively with customers on activities such as coordinating upgrades, communicating upcoming features, and ensuring their installation is running smoothly.
- Work with the GitHub Services team on any customer professional services engagements, though does not provide direct professional services style services to the customer.
- 3+ years of experience in a related function is required. Direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions.
- Previous experience as a Linux System Administrator and working experience with common tools like dnsmasq or openssl
- Familiarity with some flavor of production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM)
- Proficiency and ability to understand and update code and scripts (Shell, Bash, Ruby and others)
- Proficiency in common applications in the web application stack like haproxy, mysql, redis or unicorn
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability & Initiative.
- Competitive & competitively aware. Proficient at explaining strengths & vulnerabilities.
- Willingness to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Worked closely with large complex customer accounts
- Deep knowledge in Git, Git LFS and GitHub
- Experience with phone support
- Successfully managed customer engagements to completion and customer satisfaction. Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Previous experience providing on-site consulting or professional services
To apply: https://grnh.se/a4566d371
All jobs at GitHub
|Enterprise Support Engineer - EMEA|
|Technical Support Account Manager|
|Senior Enterprise Support Engineer- North America|
|Account Support Specialist - APAC|