Customer Happiness Champion Asia
Headquarters: Edinburgh, Scotland
Despite launching just months ago, HeySummit has already experienced a sudden and significant burst of users which has been great for building our community. While this growth has been positive, one of our biggest goals is to provide exceptional support to our customers, and we’re looking for your help to make that happen. We need the right people onboard to help not only maintain our high level of customer service now, but be part of scaling our customer happiness offering well into the future. We understand the value in great customer support, and are excited to work with a professional who knows customer happiness and has the energy, ability and pride of product to help us design even better customer experiences.
Joining us at this early stage means you have the opportunity to meaningfully shape the product. As a Customer Happiness Champion, you’ll get to know how the customers use the product, and where UX improvements can be made. You are the closest member of the team to the customer, and your opinions carry meaningful weight in our decisions about the direction of the product.
* Owning the support and customer happiness experience
* Knowing and testing our platform, replicating bugs and clearly detailing issues to our development team
* Engaging with customers through live chat
* Writing how-to knowledge base documents
* Running walk-throughs and help sessions with customers
* Managing event organisation for HeySummit SideKick service
- You’re inquisitive, proactive, and like following a thread to see where it leads
- You deliver amazing customer support
- You pride yourself on excellent communication and tone
- You show empathy in your writing and treat everyone with respect
- You can write clear and concise help documentation
- You’re comfortable supporting customers who are navigating the stressful journey of event organisation
- You are comfortable taking ownership and advocating for your customers
- You thrive in the sometimes chaotic world of startups and are comfortable with discomfort
- Bonus but not required: written fluency in a language other than English
Who We Are
We are a small team with backgrounds in building businesses that delight customers. With HeySummit, we’re on a mission to be the best way to spread human knowledge.
HeySummit is a business borne out of need, after Ben wanted to run an online conference and couldn’t find something to do the trick. He didn’t have a solution, so decided to build one. After a successful summit and listening to the 50th person begging to know what platform he’d used, the decision to open HeySummit to the world was made.
More than just a summit platform, we strive to make an impact with everything we do.
Where We’re Going
We see HeySummit growing into a highly impactful company, building a beautiful product that empowers users all over the world.
The future, we believe, is distributed, and we’re building a connected team that can work from anywhere. We welcome applications from all over the world.
Following in the footsteps of pioneers like Buffer and Doist, we’re deliberate about the culture we develop. This means fostering a working community of independent thinkers, supporting one another to work our best, and encouraging personal and professional growth.
Working With Us
We believe exceptional work is about adopting a mindset of continuous learning and being comfortable with failure, openness and vulnerability. We practice radical candor, provide a supportive environment and encourage everyone to challenge assumptions. We have a no-blame culture where everyone’s ideas have value.
We’re remote positive, and this role is specifically for someone who is able to work during normal business hours in Asia.
We believe communication is vital for exceptional work. We have daily video standups, open calls, and 121s where you meet and build relationships with every member of the team. We have two all-company off-sites per year. These activities help us to build a strong and supportive workplace culture.
How We Hire
First and foremost, we look at the abilities of the candidate and match them against the job description. Following the meeting of that bar, we prioritise diversity of background, expertise, and experience. We respect a willingness to learn and grow, and expect mutual honesty and input.
We believe that diversity is strength and we offer a culture and opportunities to make inclusivity the norm. As a team we are inclusive and encouraging of differences, and flexible in how, when, and where we work. We value a willingness to learn and develop, vulnerability, and radical candor. Applicants are welcome from any background, nationality, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious affiliation.
If you love what you’ve been reading, we’d love to get to know you. We’re interested in bringing someone onboard to join the team as soon as possible. Here’s our process:
- Fill in a few questions we have here. Don’t worry about length and you’re welcome to use bullet points
- If it looks like you match what we’re looking for, we’ll schedule a quick chat between you and a member of the team
- We’ll provide you with a short exercise to test tone and ability to research a solution to a problem
We want to respect your time, and will do all we can to make this process as quick as possible and provide you with actionable feedback.
Questions - please use the cover letter space
- What date are you available from?
- Any links to your linkedin, CV, portfolio, etc, or any information about your background that you’d like to share with us?
- Can you provide an example of a help doc you’ve written? If you haven’t written one, can you provide an example of non-academic writing that teaches something?
- Think about a time you didn’t know an answer to a question. What did you do to find out the answer?
- What are the most important aspects when working with customers?
- Speak about a time when you took ownership of a process. What went well, what didn’t?
- What’s an example of a previous role you loved and why?
- Do you have experience of project management or virtual assistance? If yes, tell us more!
- Why does working with HeySummit interest you?
- Anything fun you’d like us to know about you?
- Any other information, comments, or questions?