E-Commerce Producer and Manager for Agency
Headquarters: New York City
Hi there! Let's make this personal. My name is Xavier Armand and I am the co-founder and head of strategy of The Vaan Group (www.vaangroup.com): a remote UX design and engineering agency with headquarters in NYC. We’re looking to hire an e-commerce producer to join our team.
Our clients range from large e-commerce enterprises (>$100M per year) to successful mid-stage ($1M - $50M per year) direct to consumer e-commerce brands (these are the brands you’d be working with). You can see the full range client work/portfolio at our website and here are some long form articles that explain the details of some recent projects: E-commerce search (& destroy) as well as UX Audit Reports: Putting Beauty In The Eye of the User
We’re a realistic group, not looking for rockstar ninja wizards. Our team resides (or is working from) New York City, Warsaw, Berlin, Bergen, Sevilla, London, Punta Cana, Sao Paolo and Rotterdam.
A perfect candidate has well-formed opinions, great discipline, naturally established work habits, and takes delight in their work. E-commerce and Shopify experience needed!
Example responsibilities include:
- Setting weekly check-ins with clients to update them on progress
- Research and determine solutions (custom or off the shelf app) for client needs.
- Track, assess and prioritize tasks for the dev team in Basecamp
- QA, review and approve tasks by dev team
- Manage various data through the Shopify CMS including publishing themes, managing products, apps, etc.
- Create tutorial videos
- Stay up to date on the latest features and offerings from our app partners
- Communicate with and manage projects for up to 3 developers
- Problem solve using design or feature solutions to UX and dev team
- Field incoming inquiries, assess project size and delegate for small projects
- When necessary interacting and finalizing tasks for clients
Where the job will grow
We’re a 16-person remote-first agency. You’ll likely work with everyone on the team but you’ll most closely be working directly with our director of client services and founding team. You'll be learning, broadly, solutions architecture through what's possible with APIs, how we think through complex custom solutions for clients, and see how and where the future of online commerce is going.
We are a mostly remote team so we value good writers who feel comfortable writing detailed explanations of features and asks internally and detailed explanations externally. We rely on Slack and Basecamp for project management. Happy to work remote but as this is a client-facing role our preference is for United States applicants.
To apply: [email protected]