Mobile Engineer (Remote)
Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a sales team. That same product is at the edge of where careers are headed, where every person becomes their own brand with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build and scale vidIQ's data engine that drives insights for millions of creators.
Why this Role? Why vidIQ?
- Join a truly global, remote team: Work from anywhere! Have co-workers all around the world. Get the opportunity to travel for events and company meet-ups.
- Leave better than you came in: We are always learning at vidIQ. We learn by doing. We learn from each other — and we are incentivized to attend conferences, obtain certifications, and take training courses.
- Build the future with us: In today’s ever-changing world of technology, video is coming in fast and hard to dominate both the entertainment and marketing space. With multiple devices to choose from — from mobile to tablet, desktop to streaming video on our televisions, more and more people are not only using video to make purchasing decisions, but also changing the way they receive their entertainment.
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: We are setting precedents and coming up against challenges no one has seen before. You will need to be resourceful and creative. You will not be bored!
- Right time, right place: We are small enough that you will have true ownership and the feel of a close-knit team. But, we are established enough to have hit profitability and product-market fit, which gives us a fun and challenging field to play on!
We want to empower Creators. We help creators on their journey to being better video creators through tools and training.
Just about every single human on this planet loves to listen to stories, to experience them, and some to tell them. Because of the opportunity the internet gives us where people are able to build businesses while in the comfort of their own home, a lot of people are seeking this opportunity and many of them, with amazing stories, are giving up too fast. There's too much bad information out there on how creators become successful, how they build their audiences. vidIQ challenges this status quo by giving creators the tools and knowledge needed to grow their audiences faster by enabling them to uncover their own opportunities by just using vidIQ.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools and education to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world's problems.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product: www.vidiq.com/extension
We've heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends one of our live streams or enrolls in an Academy course, they receive the education every creator needs to be successful. We're also known as the best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ's core, it's a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward the success they want to have because of the tools and education made readily available.
So what will you do as a Mobile Engineer at vidIQ?
So what will you do as a Mobile Engineer at vidIQ?
- Iterate on our mobile app to provide a great experience for our users
- Improve product onboarding for users both large and small (we have many users with 1M+ subscribers)
- Write tests for new features and regressions to improve confidence when shipping
- Split-test changes and measure the results to make sure we’re improving user engagement
- Review other people’s code and rigorously test changes to improve the quality of our products
- Suggest improvements that increase developer happiness and product quality
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and key stakeholders to build the right features the first time
- Own your projects and take any steps necessary to drive them across the finish line
- Proactively request feedback from others early in the process
You’ll be a good fit if...
- You have a solid understanding of mobile technologies such as React Native, Redux, and Redux Sagas
- You love to write automated tests that simulate how people use an app
- You know how to consume RESTful APIs and can suggest designs for new endpoints
- You’re comfortable using Git and pull requests
- You campaign for simple, clean, efficient solutions
- You believe users deserve great UX, quick performance, and stable apps
- You love to learn and know how to figure things out using docs and tutorials
- You act like an owner, fixing bugs you discover, documenting changes you make, and refining scope
- You know how to balance performance, customer value, code quality, dependencies, and so on
- You over-communicate by default by sharing frequent updates and being honest about progress and difficulties
- You have a minimum of 3 years of professional programming experience, preferably building mobile apps
What benefits can I expect?
-This is a 100% remote position, work from anywhere you like.
-A flexible work schedule where you decide which hours to work. We expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
-We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it. Most team members take 4–5 weeks of time off per year.
-Team retreats every year! Past trips have been to Spain, Portugal, and other amazing places.
-Work with amazing people around the world.
-Huge impact in the Creator Ecosystem.
-Matched or exceed market salary in the country you live in.
-Support your professional development. We will pay for relevant courses and conferences.
If you’re excited about this, we’d love to talk to you. Use the “Apply for this job” button below to get in touch with us.
All jobs at vidIQ
|Junior Writer (remote)|
|UI/UX Designer (Remote)|
|Scala Developer (Remote)|
|Mobile Engineer (Remote)|