Project Manager - Innovation Report
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Lean Startup Co. is developing a report to evaluate the adoption of Lean Startup methodology. The report will comprise of quantitative and qualitative content designed to give readers insight to the successes, challenges, and levels of adoption of Lean Startup in varying organizations across the globe. We’re seeking someone experienced in both project management and report development to produce the State of Lean Startup report in October of 2019. This is a project based role, with potential for long-term employment.
Who we are:
Born from the global movement spawned by bestselling-author Eric Ries, Lean Startup Company offers a number of different education formats/options -- consulting services, training, coaching, and events -- for learning about Lean Startup principles, which provide a cutting edge, scientific framework for innovation and customer development. They’re a crucial set of management tools for the 21st century, designed to help organizations of all sizes build a scalable and sustainable future for themselves.
Our skilled faculty provide year-round transformative practices focused on impact, outcomes, learning, and the mindset necessary to help companies thrive in a fast-paced environment. We serve every size company and sector of the economy — from the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions. We serve our highly-engaged community with professional, practical content, and live events and connect them with experts who can support them on their Lean Startup journey.
The position is 100% remote, and will start as a part-time contract role. We ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Data mining/analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make progress despite uncertainty and limited oversight
- Relentlessness in getting feedback from stakeholders
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You have experience with, and ENJOY working in a young, growing startup environment.
- You’re curious and resourceful. You LOVE solving problems and aren’t afraid to admit you’re obsessed with getting the details right.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to get 10x better.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
Do you have any other requirements?
- BA/BS in related field preferred.
- Five years of project management experience
- Experience speaking with senior leaders in mid to large organizations
- Familiarity with and enjoy working remotely and collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Google apps).
- Bonus, if you:
- Are a data mining and analysis expert
- Are a Lean Startup practitioner
- Have instructional design and/or design experience
*Note - We understand that you are eager to hear back from us. We receive a lot of applications and cannot respond to all of them. Please do not reach out to us regarding your application. If there is a mutual fit, we will contact you to move forward with the next steps in the process.