Headquarters: Los Angeles
My name’s Kathryn and I’m a Managing Producer at Course Concierge. We produce and market online courses for NYT best-selling authors, TED speakers, social media authorities and those with something to say.
We’re looking for someone who loves helping people to join our Customer Experience Team.
Would you love to help customers across a wide range of online courses?
Do you thrive helping and interacting with people?
Do you love learning new things and having variety in your work?
Do you have exciting ideas for improving customers’ experience?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re seeking someone who:
- Enjoys writing (with great attention to detail – all of our communication with customers, and most internally, is written);
- Is empathetic and enjoys helping people;
- Can be depended upon to manage support inboxes across a diverse range of fields;
- Thrives working on a variety of tasks, and would be happy to get involved in course development efforts where needed.
The quality of our support to date has been instrumental in our company’s client acquisition (clients being so impressed by our support team they’ve then referred others to us), so it’s of utmost importance to us to continue to uphold the highest of standards.
Our clients are the best in their field – true experts who have something incredible to share. In joining our support team, you’ll become part of their team and be responsible for representing their brands. It’s important you’re able to wear many hats and adopt the right tone and style for each.
In most companies, we have observed (sadly), support becomes an island off the coast of the rest of the company. The rest of the team doesn't interact much with support, and there’s a breakdown of respect and quality. This is deeply discouraging when it happens, and we’ve strived to do things differently.
We’re looking for someone who can enthusiastically keep “customer experience” (our re-branding of customer support) at the heart of what we do.
You will be encouraged to ask anyone on the team at all for anything you need, and (rightly) to bring your ideas and learnings from customer interactions to the table.
We’ll be counting on you both to serve our customers, and keep customers at the forefront of all other team members’ minds.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Managing our support inboxes (for which we use HelpScout) and replying to customer emails
- Working with our designers, developers, copywriters, and producers to find solutions, fix bugs, and ever-improve our courses
- Managing and moderating course Facebook Groups (and suggesting means by which we can improve them)
- Sharing great testimonials and feedback with the team
- Drafting updates to clients on course member progress
- Checking and approving project submissions from course members (this could be anything from woodworking projects to entrepreneurship)
- Writing template responses for course launches (so we’re ready to serve hundreds of customers in a short time span)
- Keeping the team in the loop during launches with daily message board updates
- Proofreading and loading content onto our WordPress sites
- Editing audio files (we want someone who we can throw challenges like this at, who perhaps despite not having experience with editing, will be savvy enough to figure it out)
- Quality Assurance checks on signup flows and members’ areas
- Pitching in where needed with other activities that keep our systems running (for which we’ll provide suitable training)
We’re champions of making sure customers have a great experience with us, from a warm first welcome to being a helping hand throughout, and providing words of encouragement and congratulations when they’re needed.
The position will start at roughly 25 hours per week, and quickly build into being a near full-time role. You will be required to work two weekends a month (to cater to our releases) – with days off during the following week to make up for it.
We are a remote company, and so you can be based anywhere that will sustainably allow you to work either European or American hours.
To apply, simply write back to [email protected] with a short note on why you think you would be a fit.
Please do not include a CV of any kind – we don’t mind where you went to school (or even that you went), just that you love helping people.
Our deadline for responses is February 2nd. We’re still a small team and so won’t be able to get back to everyone. We’ll aim to get back to all candidates we’d like to explore the possibility of working with no later than February 7th.
Thank you for considering the position and reading until this point. If you’re feeling on the fence about applying: please do.
Best of luck, and we look forward to hearing from you,
To apply: [email protected]