Senior Software Engineer (Kubernetes Application Management)
Headquarters: Sunnyvale, CA
As a Senior Software Engineer working on the NetApp Kubernetes Service you’ll be responsible for building our application management platform for Kubernetes. This platform integrates support for one-click installable applications as well as custom workloads, and exposes management and monitoring via an API. Our customers utilize most major cloud providers as well as on-premise deployments with workloads varying from GPU powered machine learning to low latency API solutions.
NetApp Kubernetes Service offers customers a simple click-to-deploy production Kubernetes cluster and can be used across Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and on-premise.
- Secure tunnel service for remote access to on-premise clusters
- Buildpack workflow for deploying services directly to Kubernetes clusters
- API for exposing remote cluster logs and metrics
- Controller for issuing and rotating certificates in a Kubernetes cluster
- Design and maintain services to manage Kubernetes clusters and applications
- Improve and automate testing, deployment, failover and rollback processes for internal and external services
- Develop add-on components for Kubernetes clusters such as private registries, CI/CD systems and event buses
Technologies We Use:
Golang, Docker, Kubernetes, Tekton, KNative, Helm, Python
We expect from you:
- Expertise in one or more programming languages ie. Golang, Python, Rust, etc.
- Collaborative team oriented individual with a growth mindset
- Production experience with Kubernetes is a bonus, but not required
- Production experience managing infrastructure on at least one major cloud provider
- Aptitude for breaking down complex distributed systems into smaller maintainable components
- Hold yourself and peers to a high bar when producing code or working with production systems