Advertising Technical Writer
Headquarters: Lawrence, Kansas
Who We Are
Wild West Media provides competitive advertising strategies to the top 1% of Amazon Sellers. We create, manage, and optimize high performing pay-per-click campaigns driven by advanced market intelligence. We are a service business, partnering with our clients to scale their businesses and achieve their desired outcomes. We immerse ourselves in advanced advertising strategy to provide our clients with a competitive advantage.
Who You Are
Our agency is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to create documentation outlining our advertising processes. You have the skills and experience to create instructional materials that will support our existing team and help onboard new employees. Instruction materials will combine text instructions with software screen captures and video recordings.
You have a basic understanding of digital marketing workflows. Key processes you’ll be documenting are keyword research, competitive analysis, performance reporting, and advertising campaign management. You have extensive experience creating action-oriented instructions for software, team workflows, and technical implementation.
Though we offer a remote opportunity, we work in a highly collaborative environment. The Amazon Advertising platform is relatively new and constantly evolving and changing. It’s crucial that we have accurate and up to date process documentation for our team members.
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Meet and collaborate with team leaders to understand workflows for documentation
- Break down large projects into milestones and deliverables
- Create training documentation on how to use software platforms
- Integrate screenshot sequences into written instructions
- Create templates and checklists in Process Street
- Translate complex workflows into step-by-step implementation guides
- Collaborate with the advertising team remotely via Slack and video meetings
- Create multiple drafts and refine your work based on feedback
Technical Writer Requirements:
- 3+ years technical and instructional writing experience
- Immaculate written and verbal communication
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Word
- Screen capture software (TechSmith Snagit) experience a plus
- Process Street experience a plus (training provided)
Wild West Media values and rewards loyalty and hard work. We’re committed to creating great work experiences for our team with opportunities for advancement.
Wild West Media has been scaling search and display campaigns in competitive markets for 15+ years. We've spent the last three years focused solely on Amazon Advertising, developing and executing winning pay-per-click campaigns for the top private label brands. If you’re interested in learning more about Wild West Media’s advertising philosophy and strategy, here’s a link to our CEO, Cherie Yvette, presenting on Amazon Advertising:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please e-mail a resumé and cover letter, including details about yourself and your technical writing experience, to [email protected] Please include examples of instructional materials you’ve written for digital projects.
To apply: [email protected]
All jobs at Wild West Media
|Amazon Advertising Lead|
|Advertising Data Entry Assistant|
|Advertising Technical Writer|
|Digital Marketing Copywriter|