Happiness Engineer (UK Only)
Headquarters: Omaha, NE
Happiness Engineer (UK)
SUPPORT DEPARTMENT | UNITED KINGDOM
Join the team and help us build something incredible!
We live and breathe customer support, and strive to provide exceptional experiences for each and every Flywheel user. As a Happiness Engineer, you’ll get to work directly with customers to help them get the most out of the Flywheel platform and do their best work!
You’ll be responsible for understanding customers’ needs, communicating solutions, solving problems, and working with an incredibly talented team to help our customers succeed. We provide support for a wide variety of topics ranging from hosting help and development dilemmas to recommending articles to read or sharing pictures of our cats. (Yep – that’s a true story!)
If you love working with people, enjoy a challenge, and know the right moment to add your favorite gif to an email, we’d love to hear from you!
Think you're a perfect fit?
Here's just a little taste of what we're looking for
OUR IDEA OF A PERFECT CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO...
- Has a desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs
- Is genuinely a nice human
- Holds technical knowledge – You're comfortable with the command line/general internet infrastructure (DNS / SFTP Linux, etc.), and you're excited at the prospect of using the latest technology
- Has a willingness to learn new things, and an aptitude for technology
- Has excellent written English – Both short form (emails/chats) and long form (documentation)
- Is authorized to live and work in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Is willing and able to travel to the United States for training and all company retreats
- Is willing and able to work the Saturday-Wednesday shift
THIS ROLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR...
- Responding to email tickets, online chat or phone calls to help Flywheel customers with their website issues
- Helping to write excellent help documentation – both for internal use and for our customers
- Helping customers migrate their sites to Flywheel
- Debugging and troubleshooting technical problems
- Working the Saturday-Wednesday shift